[wisb] Willets Near Spring Green - SW Sauk County

  • From: Aaron Holschbach <aholschbach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wis Birdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 13:11:04 -0500

A WILLET was present this morning at the pond(which is quickly drying up)
along Peck road in SW Sauk county, just a few miles NW of Spring Green.
 Also at this pond were:

5 Killdeer
4 Semi. Plover
3 Greater Yellowlegs
17 Lesser Yellowlegs
1 Short-billed Dowitcher
6 Dunlin
18 Pectoral Sandpipers
45 Least Sandpipers
14 Semi. Sandpipers
6 Wilson's Phalarope

A WESTERN MEADOWLARK, 20 LAPLAND LONGSPURS, and 8 AMERICAN PIPITS were also
present along Peck Road.

At noon today I rechecked the Peck Rd pond and the Willet was not found, but
a YELLOW-HEADED BLACKBIRD was now present.  I also checked the Hwy G & Big
Hollow Road Pond at noon and found 2 WILLETS and a BLACK-BELLIED PLOVER.

Aaron Holschbach
Arena
Iowa County