[wisb] Willet, Warblers, Le Conte's Sparrows - Bayfield County

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 13:40:54 -0600

Last night there was a Willet at Maslowksi Beach in Ashland.

This morning the Benoit area fields in Bayfield County held 3 Western
Meadowlarks, 3 Le Conte's Sparrows, and a Red-headed Woodpecker during a quick
check.

Then I hit the Lake Owen area in and near the Two (Twin) Lakes Campground south
of Drummond. There I found 16 species of breeding warblers, including Canada,
Black-throated Blue, Magnolia, Mourning, and Golden-winged, Wood Thrush, and
several Yellow-throated Vireos. Full eBird checklist at
http://ebird.org/ebird/wi/view/checklist?subID=S18685946

The mosquitoes are phenomenally abundant this year - consider yourself warned
if heading north.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady