[wisb] White-tailed Kite + photo

  • From: David Freriks <dhfreriks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin birding network (E-mail)" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 22:21:40 -0500

Hi All,
     Had the pleasure of viewing the White-tailed Kite today along with all
the other birders. Everyone had left except for Mike R, Cynthia and Peter
when we got lucky and the bird flew almost directly over us after spending
all day out in the field about 1/2 mile away. What a gorgeous bird! We
missed this one down in Texas this past December so I was really happy to
see it here.
    One photo is linked here.
http://www.pbase.com/dhfreriks/image/152633724
Hopefully it sticks around for awhile!