[wisb] White River Marsh

  • From: "Lori Inderdahl" <dinderdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bird emails" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 16:12:00 -0500

Could someone give me alittle info on White River Marsh?  I printed out a
map and headed there yesterday.  There are lots of little parking places but
no visible trails.  Are you just allowed to wander around or is it meant for
you to walk the road?  I drove Old Marsh Rd and never saw another vehicle or
person.  I was there a couple of hours and stopped several times.  It's a
very peaceful and beautiful place.  I DID NOT find the Pileated Woodpecker
but that would have been just too easy!  Since Peter just got his nemesis
bird, and he's been looking longer, it would also have been unfair to him.
;)
Any suggestions on what to do besides driving Old Marsh Rd.?
Thanks,
Lori Inderdahl
Rosendale, FDL Co.