[wisb] Where are the La Crosse migrants?

  • From: Mary Strasser <mrstrass@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:55:10 -0500

This seems to be an unusual season for bird migration in the La Crosse area.  I
am not sure if it is related to the drought we've been experiencing in western
Wisconsin, or if other factors are in play.
The only warblers I've seen this month have been an occasional redstart, common
yellowthroat, or palm.  The thrushes and vireos have been in short supply too.

I still have hummingbirds visiting my feeders and a phoebe calling on my deck.
I did see a Lincoln's sparrow by the bird feeders this week, but it seems to be
unusually quiet in this part of the state.

Are others noticing this too?

Mary Strasser in La Crosse
La Crosse County