[wisb] Washington Is. question

  • From: Daryl Tessen <bhaunts@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 09:33:36 -0500

I would appreciate any updates on the following species on Washington Island:
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, Black Vulture, Snowy Owl and Crested Caracara.  Are
they being seen?  If so , where and when?  I am considering a trip to the
island soon so this information would prove most helpful.
And a public big thank you to Dan Belter.  While he was watching the
White-winged Dove at Ken's place he called me.  I made it over in 2 hours.  Dan
had waited for me and as I pulled up it was singing its unique song.  Had great
looks at it as it moved around the cottonwood trees in the front yard, singing
most of the time.  Reminded me of sleeping out at one of the springs in Big
Bend NP years ago and being awakened by many of them calling before sunrise.
What a great sound and great time in the park.  Great memories!

Again thanks Dan!  And thanks to anyone supplying information on the
aforementioned birds!  Either post it or backchannel me.
Daryl Tessen
Appleton,, WI