[wisb] Door Co. FOY Dickcissel and fledging report

  • From: Paul Regnier <doorcountypaul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 21:18:32 -0500

Three times today we saw a FOY dickcissel; early morning and evening with
Cindy and mid-day with Rick Wright (Birding magazine).  I got Iphone
digiscope photos and video.
Two fledging B. Orioles have been coming to the feeders exhibiting very
youthful behaviors.

Several 'tailless' song sparrows fledged and are flying the shrubs and
small trees around the house.

Red tailed hawks are still patrolling with their youngster.

Today, in the heat and humidity of the afternoon, the bird pool and drip
were busy.  Lots of color; indigo, scarlet tanagers, orioles galore,
goldfinches, rose breasted grossbeaks, cat bird, cedar waxwings and several
sparrow species.

Last week we spotted the 'white' robin in Gills Rock.  Evidently, he likes
northern Door.

Paul

Paul Regnier
Door County Nature & Travel LLC