[wisb] Vilas County

  • From: Cheryl Todea <cheryl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WISB <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 13:27:39 -0500

-Chickadees have been singing their spring mating song for about 2 weeks now.

-Heard a Brown Creeper singing yesterday!  (Even though some of them stick it
out in the Northwoods during the winter, they are not typically HEARD until
spring.)

-A co-worker heard and saw trumpeter swans and a few geese fly over Eagle River!

Not bird related... we saw our first insects (small moth and possible mosquito)
in the area yesterday! They might not last another week though since it is
going to get cold again and more snow!

Cheryl Todea
Naturalist
Trees For Tomorrow