[wisb] Upland Sandpipers in Oshkosh

  • From: Mark B <2718mtb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 10:56:01 -0500

> Hey all,

Two years ago I saw my only upland sandpiper at the sunset par 3 golf course in
Oshkosh. Since then I'd been making regular drives on the frontage roads in
that area to try and re-find that species. Last week my efforts finally paid
off, and I found a group of 3 upland sandpipers not for off of the frontage
road on the east side of 41. This is a grassy area where people camp for the
EAA air show. Their location was roughly 15 yards off the road, just on the
south side of a waterway, where the road goes over a bridge. It was great to
see that this species can still be found in the area.

Yours in birding,

Mark Benson
Oshkosh, Winnebago County####################