[wisb] Tufted Titmouse in Denmark, WI

  • From: "Wayne Kuhn" <waylin98@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 22:54:50 -0600

Yesterday I went out to look for a Tufted Titmouse that was reported on Ebird
by Jim Knickelbine near Denmark. I went to the location which I assume is Jim's
home but his feeders were not easily visible from the road. I then scanned the
area looking for other feeders and saw another house with sunflower, thistle
and suet feeders. Immediately I observed a Titmouse go to the sunflower feeder
twice. I moved a little closer with my car to get a better look but
unfortunately the bird did not return. But I was treated to Chickadees, White
and Red Breasted Nuthatches, Goldfinches, Pine Siskens, Downy WP, Hairy WP and
Red-Bellied WP.
The feeders are located on the east side of County P, just south of the P and
County KB intersection.

Wayne Kuhn
Green Bay, Brown County