[wisb] This is an Eastern Phoebe, right?

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 17:31:13 -0700 (PDT)

After spending the winter more or less duck-watching along the Milwaukee
lakefront I think my ID skills for passerines have deteriorated a bit. But I'm
pretty sure the following photo shows an Eastern Phoebe.

I was shooting blind, at quite a distance (for my camera), so the photo is not
quite as sharp as it could be, but I think it's clear enough for ID purposes:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14463444@N07/7040396715/in/photostream

Thanks in advance for any confirmations!

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee