[wisb] Sunday: Waukesha: Horned Lark

  • From: thomas657@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 15:24:37 -0500

On Sunday, despite the lousy weather, I set out to see the Horned Larks that
were reported on WISBIRDN a few times earlier.  On Saturday, I failed to spot
them, not realizing they were behind the church.  Seeing them would be my first
time view of them.

So, on Sunday I wasn't disappointed.  There were a handful of Horned Larks.  A
few of them were more photogenic than the others that were a bit more skiddish.
 I'll have to go bck when I can get some better sunlight.

Nice sideview:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6750670073/in/photostream
Front view of horns:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6750670257/in/photostream
Side view of horns:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6750670491/in/photostream/
Nice upright:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/6750670647/in/photostream/

Thanks to Jim Edlhuber and Haydee Zimmerman!

Thanks,
Tom Wright
Wales