[wisb] Sunday

  • From: "Tom Schaefer" <schaefertrees@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:08:29 -0600

Three weeks ago I witnessed a pheasant rooster gritting on one of our
service roads.  Assume it is a released bird from the put and take pheasant
season we have in WI.  Bird never flew, just lazily walked off the road as I
drove a tractor by.  Anyway, that bird has found the backyard feeders .25
mile distant- and I'm sure it walked there!

Also this a.m. MANY large flocks of Canada geese moving, all south, along
with yet another flock of tundra swans.

Tom Schaefer
Hartford
Washington County