[wisb] Spring Green area- Sauk Cty.

  • From: tom prestby <jjprestby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 17:43:12 -0500

What a gorgeous day to walk around at Spring Green. With the warm temps and the
habitat I actually almost thought I was in the desert for a second. Highlights
here were a Mockingbird in the NE corner (singing the whole time, makes you
wonder about possible breeding...), a Red-headed Woodpecker near the entrance,
and several Orchard Orioles, Lark Sparrows, and Grasshopper Sparrows. No sign
of the Loggerhead Shrike.

The pond on Peck Rd just south of Hwy JJ is almost dry but the Hudsonian Godwit
was still present with 7 SB Dowitchers and 8 Dunlin.

Tom Prestby
Madison