[wisb] Re: Speaking of Whooping Cranes

  • From: Chris West <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:43:57 -0500

I tried to post this from my alternate email last night. Hasn't come through
yet....
Anywho, for the record: these birds are part of the Canada-TX flock and would
be fully countable on your ABA checklist, unlike the birds in our WI flock. I
believe this would also be the first record of countable Whooping Cranes in the
state since the 1800s.....Which means Steve's neighbor has quite the record
form to fill out?.... :D

Happy Birding! --Chris W, Richland County Interpretive Naturalist Mississippi
Explorer Cruises
http://mississippiexplorer.com/chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://swallowtailedkite.blogspot.com/
http://www.nabirding.com/http://www.flickr.com/photos/swallowtailphoto

"The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first
material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the
composer; but when the last individual of a race of living things breathes no
more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be
again."

(From William Beebe's "The Bird: Its Form and Function," 1906)