[wisb] Re: Speaking of Whooping Cranes

  • From: "Hoffman, Steven R - DNR" <Steven.Hoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx" <little_blue_birdie@xxxxxxx>, "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[Wisb]" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:05:39 -0500

We just completed our crane count here at Crex for the USFWS.  This morning we
had a total of 12,957 sand hill cranes on Crex and Fish Lake Wildlife Areas.
There were over 5,500 cranes that came off the south end of the Crex refuge and
another 1,000 that went out the north end.  No whooping cranes were sighted.

Steve Hoffman
WDNR Wildlife Biologist
Crex Meadows Wildlife Area