[wisb] Snowy Egret & shorebirds- Nine Springs

  • From: tom prestby <jjprestby@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 10:51:37 -0500

On my way to work this morning I was surprised to see a lot of mud at Nine
Springs so I had to stop. They are actively drawing down the first pond and the
second pond has quite a bit of good shorebird habitat as well. Highlights from
this morning were a Snowy Egret with 3 Great Egrets, 70 Dunlin, 4 Dowitchers
(probably Short-billed) and 5 Semipalmated Plovers-- all in the second pond.
Even with rains in the forecast the habitat should remain excellent as long as
they keep the pumps on...which it seems like they plan on doing. Bring on the
Godwits!

Tom Prestby

Madison

To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.