[wisb] Baxter’s Hollow - Fri morning

  • From: Jeffrey Lyons <henslow1@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 12:13:49 -0500

Baxter?s Hollow  - Fri morning

A sunny morning turned cloudy, but still a beautiful morning in the Baraboo
Hills.
Highlights include:A cadre of flycatchers ? Acadian, Least, Great Crested,
Alder, Eastern Phoebe.
Blue-headed and Yellow-throated Vireos, and the following Warblers: Am
Redstart, N Parula, Blue-winged, Black and White, Ovenbird. No waterthrushes to
speak of. Also Broad-winged Hawk, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks (almost flew into me)
and lots of Wood Thrushes. I noticed some caterpillar tents on one side of the
road, but didn?t see or hear any cuckoos.

And the bugs are starting to return. Oh, the joy between the snowflakes and the
mosquitoes? it?s been fun so far.

Jeffrey Lyons
Madison, Sauk County

It's a great day for a lifer
To set DIGEST or VACATION modes, use Wisbirdn web interface at:
//www.freelists.org/list/wisbirdn.
Wisbirdn ARCHIVES at: //www.freelists.org/archives/wisbirdn.