[wisb] Sandhill Cranes Brown County

  • From: donald van duyse <dvanduyse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 15:37:06 -0600

Took a short ride today and found 6 Sandhill Cranes still hanging out east of
Green Bay. Mighty late for these beautiful birds to be this far north. I hope
they make it ok but I also hope they stay for our CBC, for they were in my
count area. The two Ross's Geese were still on Huron Rd. and these are also in
my count area. The ponds are getting frozen over so they may move on soon. Good
Birding to all and Happy Holidays.

Don Van Duyse

Green Bay, Brown County.

P.S. No I didn't find any Gray Partridge.