[wisb] Rusty Blackbird flock - Green Bay

  • From: b p <mrhunterbarry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 07:26:24 -0800 (PST)

I've been seeing a large flock of RUSTY BLACKBIRDS in my neighborhood since
Sunday. This morning I counted 74. Only two in the bunch were RED-WINGED
BLACKBIRDS.
For those interested in seeing them, they are located on the far Eastern end of
Brook Park Dr., on the East side of Green Bay.
They have been congregating in the tops of the trees in the wood lot that spans
from Vancaster Dr., East, half way down Brook Park, in the large yard on the
North side of Brook Park, or the thin wood row at the East end of the road.
Just roll down your windows and listen for them. They are very noisy and it
should draw you right to them.
Also, we still have one FOX SPARROW visiting our feeder.
Brian Pierce

Green Bay, Brown County, WI