[wisb] Robins in Chippewa Falls

  • From: Rory Cameron <rory_cameron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:12:09 -0600

A flock of about 20 Robins was at the turn on Judith St this noon, mixed in
with starlings.  Nearby, in my yard, I had a closeup binocular view of a male
Pileated Woodpecker at a small suet feeder, then it flew closer to a maple tree
where I observed its tongue seeking food in the cracks in the bark.

Rory Cameron
Chippewa Falls

"We come and go, but the land is always here. And the people who love it and
understand it are the people who own it?for a little while."   Willa Cather