[wisb] Red-necked Grebe, Beaver Dam Lake Western Waukesha Co this morning, some images

  • From: Jim Edlhuber <jimedlhuber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 12:28:07 -0500

Greetings,

I made a run out to Beaver Dam Lake in Western Waukesha Co this morning. I
was hoping to see the Red-necked Grebe that Anne M reported yesterday,
thanks. It was there waiting when I arrived, but never really came in close
the whole time I was present. It did a lot of diving and stayed under for
long periods of time, sometimes it seemed like 3-4 minutes. Another life
for me! Anne showed up later while I was there, hoping the Red-necked
Grebes mate had arrived. No sign of it yet. Other species I saw there were
8 Ruddy Ducks, Canada?s, a Pied-billed Grebe, Fly over Kingfisher and other
common species. It was a beautiful morning to be out, just a little on the
cool side. I did get a few distant images of the Red-necked Grebe to share.

Link to the Red-necked Grebe images from this morning:

*
https://picasaweb.google.com/109038919513758014473/RedNeckedGrebeBeaverDamLakeWesternWaukeshaCounty462012#
*

Thanks and good birding!