[wisb] Bitterns-TAYLOR COUNTY

  • From: Rory Cameron <rory_cameron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 12:39:33 -0500

After doing the Gilman owl survey early this morning, I drove west a few miles
to the south unit of Pershing Wildlife Area.  The highlight was three American
Bitterns, two heard near Sotak Flowage and the third observed flying at Flowage
No. 1.  Also heard were a Great Horned and several Barred Owls, and Wilson's
Snipe. Rory CameronChippewa Falls

"We come and go, but the land is always here. And the people who love it and
understand it are the people who own it?for a little while."   Willa Cather