[wisb] Red-headed Woodpeckers, Fox Point (Milwaukee Co.)

  • From: "Carl Schwartz" <cschwartz3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wsrohde@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:04:02 -0600

I have two adult RHWPs coming to my feeders this winter; presumptively the
pair that nested somewhere nearby (in the ravines close to Lake Michigan)
this summer and raised at least one young. They are erratic (today was the
first time I saw both at the feeders at the same time); they hammer at the
suet cakes and feast on peanuts and oil sunflower. Most often around between
9 and 10:30 a.m. but I saw them today at noon. Also visiting lately are
Juncos, WBNH, RBNH, DOWP, HAWP, RBWP, HOFI, GOFI, MODO.

Carl Schwartz
7239 N. Barnett Lane (north of Green Tree, east of Lake Drive)
Fox Point, WI
Milwaukee County