[wisb] Red-headed Woodpecker, Williams Bay (Walworth Co.)

  • From: "Wayne & Susie" <wsrohde@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 20:29:34 -0600

There was at least one Red-head at Aurora University (aka: George Williams
College) in Williams Bay yesterday.

For those traveling to the Lake Geneva area, this is a good site to find
Red-heads, as well as Tufted Titmice.

Bald Eagles have also been spooking the ducks and gulls on the lake
recently.

(Aurora is the site where many of us enjoyed the Western and Red-necked
Grebes two winters ago.  I couldn't help but recall our January brat cookout
there, during the "grebe fest," while birding the area recently.)

Wayne Rohde
Walworth, WI