[wisb] Red-headed WP in Oshkosh

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 09:03:01 -0600

I talked to my Mom in Oshkosh last night.  She said during Wednesday's
snowstorm, she looked out at all the birds in the yard and was surprised
to see a Red-headed Woodpecker (they get them every once in a while,
along with occasional Red-bellies, and she knows the difference.)  My
parents' house is adjacent to the Nat'l Guard Armory on the southwest
side of town.  She said there's still a Turkey hanging around the
neighborhood, although with the big new parking lot that was just put in
next to their yard, it hasn't been coming to their house for several
weeks now.  I'll have her keep me posted on what's coming, in case
someone wants to check it out for the Oshkosh CBC.

Peter Fissel
Madison, WI