[wisb] Re: RFI:Finch ID, with Photos

  • From: annakeaney@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 00:10:55 -0600 (CST)

Here's a link to some finch photos I took at our feeders last Nov. It
captures a little of the variety of redness and shape, and there are a
couple that do have the light chest barring yet the brown markings on the
head that made us think they were House Finches. We get a lot of HF
activity at our feeders, and used to get very excited when we saw one of
the redder/more colored/less barred ones, but they all have that head
marking and the tails are always un-notched. I think they're all just HFs
in varying degrees of sexiness, but if anyone has a different opinion,
we'd love to hear it.

http://flickr.com/gp/21446869@N00/1899D9/

Anna Keaney
Madison, Dane