[wisb] RFI: Birding around Chippewa Falls

  • From: Tom Sykes <sykes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 08:19:22 -0500

Folks,

I received a request from good birding friend Dave Jasper about birding
opportunities in the Chippewa Falls area where he will be located for the next
three months. Dave asked if there are any birders local to the area who might
wish to bird with Dave and/or might offer some suggestions about areas to bird
around Chippewa Falls.

We usually see Dave whenever we're in Arizona (and bumped into him as recently
as April in Texas). For sixteen years he owned property in Portal, AZ and
guided birders visiting the town and nearby Cave Creek Canyon in the Chiricahua
Mountains. On his property he maintained a bird feeding area that was open to
visitors. His feeders have attracted 218 species. Dave has led tours in the
western U.S. and Mexico for a number of companies and non-profit organizations.
He has also conducted numerous avian and botanical research projects for the
U.S. Forest Service and other government agencies.

Please contact Dave directly via email: trogon55@xxxxxxxxxxx if you have any
information or would like to spend some time birding with him.

Cheers,

Tom and Carol Sykes
sykes@xxxxxxxxxx
tomandcarolsykes.blogspot.com