[wisb] Question about eBird species lists

  • From: "Biffbradford ." <pelotonstar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn birdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 11:12:54 -0500

I was just looking at the eBird species list for Milwaukee (
http://ebird.org/ebird/wi/subnational2/US-WI-079?yr=all&m=&rank=lrec). The
list doesn't seem to be one of sightings only since the webpage was
created, since records go back to 1888, and I was surprised that the
Passenger Pigeon was not listed. Certainly, someone must have seen one. Is
it not on there because they are extinct and dropped off the list, or just
an accidental omission?
Thanks!

John Wilke
Greenfield, WI