[wisb] Re: Private Grasslands Birding Opportunity in Columbia County

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "karen.etter.hale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <karen.etter.hale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 20:25:42 -0600

Daryl Christensen reports the following:

"Saw 16 Dickcissels this morning at Fountain Prairie Inn & Farms
 just west of Fall River. The grassland was teeming with Bobolinks,
Eastern Meadowlarks, grassland sparrows including Henslow’s.  Also
Yellow-headed Blackbirds, Marsh Wrens and Least Bitterns on the restored
 prairie pothole. This is a 290-acre organic working farm, but
birders are welcome. Please call first to set up an appointment. 920-948-7925
or
920-484-3618. Thank you to John and Dorothy Priske for their hospitality
 at this incredible prairie.
-Daryl ChristensenMarquette co."

Sounds like southern Wisconsin birders have scored a fine new birding area!

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady