[wisb] Plain, Dodgeville,

  • From: Peggy B <pegbiltgen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:06:57 -0500

Traveling west today:

Baraboo:
1 Bald Eagle doing loop de loops for more than 3 minutes just off PF & W.  I
pulled off the road and watched, pretty soon there were 4 other cars pulled off
the road as well, we all watched that magnificent bird swooping and diving

Plain
2 Sandhill Cranes just HWY 23 1 mile from Plain
4 Lesser Scaups, 3 males, 1 female in retention pond by Craemers construction
(my first Scaups)

Dodgeville
1 Red-tailed Hawk perched in a tree HWY 23 just down from the House on the Rock
8:00 am, and was still there at 3:30 pm, just facing the other direction
6 Eastern Bluebirds on the wire off HWY by the House on the Rock

Peggy Biltgen
Sauk County