[wisb] Pied Leucistic House Sparrow - Outagamie County

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjamcookies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 18:53:31 -0500

For the last day we've had a leucistic male house sparrow visiting our
yard feeders. He's quite striking with a largish white area on the
bottom right side of his face and neck, and larger areas of white on
his left side from the bottom side of the head down the neck and to
the front of his left wing.  He is otherwise undiluted.  I'm hoping to
get some photos of him, but no luck so far.

It's a real treat for me, as coat color genetics in horses and cattle
is my hobby, and this is the first leucistic bird I've ever seen in
person.

Judy Stouffer
Little Chute, WI