[wisb] Parking lot shorebirds - Ashland

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2014 21:07:00 -0600

We had a decent setup for a shorebird fallout here along the Lake Superior
shore last night. Unfortunately, with super high water on the big lake yet
inland fields too dry we have very little habitat. So naturally (!) there were
~40 Semipalmated Sandpipers and 15 Semipalmated Plovers feeding on earthworms
in the parking lot of the N. Great Lakes Visitor Center just west of Ashland
(Bayfield County).

A few pics at my website: http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/dslr

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI