[wisb] Northern Mockingbird - Washington Island

  • From: "Chari Rutledge" <charir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "WISBIRDN" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 07:20:43 -0500

What a way to wake up in the morning!  Thank goodness I sleep with the windows
open.  I was roused out of a deep sleep at 6:30 this morning by a song I had
never heard on the Island before,a NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD.  It took a few minutes
to register, but there it was, sitting on a branch near our bedroom window.
New Island bird for me.

Chari Rutledge, Washington Island, Door County