[wisb] New birding experience, short but sweet

  • From: paul bruce <rdjn560birdcrazy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 23:15:44 -0700 (PDT)

   Hi  everyone  -- I  know it's been a while since I've been on, but you know
how it is with a family
of 4 others that love to hog the computer.   Which explains the very belated
report of a brand new birding
site I was at.  For those of you within the New London area,  my time out was
last Tuesday, when the other half
was visiting a friend I went out for 90 minutes, putzed around the Wolf River,
along Wolf River Drive,
(catchy name, right?) where the only fish I caught was a snaky 14" northern
right near the bank by the Sturgeon
something Trail. (that's how long it's been, can't even remember the 2nd name),
BUT the birds in the area were
of decency to me, 4 warbler sps. , Yellowthroat, redstart, Tennessee and
Yellow.  Warbling vireo, sora, Yellow-
bellied and great-crested flycatchers calling in the distance.  Had a nice
time, but as I said it was too short, may
have to visit there again soon for the Fall migration.
     Getting next week planned out for a stick-around-vacation,  5 days at the
parents place, town of Algoma,
where today, Tuesday, those plans were evolving.  Saw 2 Caspian terns for the
highlights of the day.  My brother
and I may be planning a fishing jaunt over in Waushara Co. where birding proved
quite good last year. I'll leave
the fishing talk set aside in the ''off-topic" section, should I catch anything
of consequence.
     Nice to communicate with Wisbird-land for once,
    Paul Bruce, Oshkosh, Town of Algoma, and soon to be
    Town of Mt. Morris