[wisb] Re: Neenah and Menasha - Swan Slam Saturday

  • From: "Dar Tiede" <crepuscular@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 08:14:49 -0600

After a nice breakfast at the Weather Vane in downtown Menasha (our server
was appropriately named Robin!), a group of us from the Oshkosh Bird Club
toured this area also.  We found most of the gull and duck species reported
by Daryl.  The swans were close in at Jefferson Park and in addition to the
trumpeters we had a single mute swan and tundra swan (yellow lores - first
picked out by Bettie Harriman and seen by all).  A little cold at the first
stop but a nice morning of birding.
Dar Tiede
Appleton