[wisb] N. Shrikes, 3 LaCrosse County sightings

  • From: Douglas Stratton <stratton.douglas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 00:37:02 -0600

In the past few days I have made 3 separate sightings of N Shrikes In
LaCrosse County.  Off Hwy 33 a few miles East of La Crosse: In the woods at
very top of tallest trees on the western side of ridgeview estates (Bahr
road).  I think this may be the same individual I saw in this same location
a few weeks ago.  Second:  On Brice Prairie, Cty ZN just west of Midway
near the halfway creek parking area (I posted a picture of this on ebird).
And Third: About a mile west of Mindoro on Cty D, near Woodhollow Road, at
the top of the very tall trees just south of the road.  I also saw 4 EC
Doves recently on Brice Prairie (Park and Elm) in trees behind the baseball
backstop.
Doug Stratton
Onalaska
La Crosse County