[wisb] N. Goshawk, Hoary Redpoll pics

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 11:17:33 -0700

Yesterday was a snowy but eventful day in my yard near Washburn in Bayfield
County. Highlights were a N. GOSHAWK that bombed into the brushpile under my
feeders, a N. SHRIKE that continues to hunt rodents under the feeders
regularly, and 2 female HOARY REDPOLLS amidst the Commons, Am. Goldfinches, and
P. Siskins. One of the Hoaries was the same bird I reported last weekend but
the other was a new one. Both were present again this morning before I left for
work.

My photo editing and management have fallen apart but here are some of the many
images I took.

N. Goshawk thru the living room window:
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/image/141768071
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/image/141768070