[wisb] Lower Mud etc. Dane co

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 14:42:38 -0600

 Nolan Pope and I checked out geese in the McFarland/ Stoughton area.
 Lower Mud,McFarland, had some new ducks, but over all I thought the numbers
were down a bit. The eagles kept flushing the ducks. We saw the smallest
Cackling goose either of has ever seen. A Black Duck on the ice near it seemed
longer and as big body wise. The Cackling goose was the only other goose
,besides Canada. 4 A. Wigeon and 3 Redhead were new. But I thought the numbers
of Ring-necked Ducks and Lesser Scaup were down. A group of 40 Canvasbacks kept
flying around.
 Fish Camp just had some Canada's and a few Goldeneyes.
 LaFollette Park had 1 White-Fronted Goose with the Canada's. Not many ducks.
 The Cty  B widespread had 11 White-fronted Geese,8 Pintails and 4 Lesser
Scaup. Plus some usuals.
 South of Stoughton we found no interesting geese. A male Green-wing Teal, by N
,was good.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.