[wisb] Milwaukee - Snowy Owl

  • From: Katie Zientek <katiezientek111@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 11:25:37 -0600

The Snowy Owl was spotted by me and my dad at the end of that really long
pier (Petroleum Pier?) north of the Coast Guard Impoundment around 9:30
yesterday morning. We had almost given up but at the last minute it jumped
up onto this concrete slab and stayed there. It was useless trying to take
pictures. We also saw a beautiful male Kestrel near there. At the CGI we
watched a Coyote prowling around beyond the fence at the ferry parking lot.
Katie Zientek
Franklin, WI