[wisb] Milwaukee Lake Front 2/11 Waves, Ice, Gulls, and Skawps

  • From: Sidney Hamm <sidney.hamm@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 08:27:24 -0800 (PST)

Greetings,
I was one of those who bared the -10 degF wind chill to view the Milwaukee Lake
Front for Gulls and Ducks on Saturday.

If those who were there would like to relive the experience, and maybe those
who weren't but would like to see photoshe Lake front , they can be seen at:

Panorama photos
http://thepanoramapoint.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/waves-ice-ducks-and-gulls-on-milwaukee-wisconsin-lake-shores/

Greater Scaup photos taken previously
http://thebirdpoint.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/greater-scaup-duck-bird-swimmers-292012/

Lesser Scaup photos taken previously

http://thebirdpoint.wordpress.com/2012/02/14/lesser-scaup-duck-bird-swimmers-182012/

My first time to see Gulls laying down on the ice sheet at McKinley Marina.
Also, the experience of the in air tussle of a Peregrine Falcon and Herring
Gull over Bradford Beach Park lot with the Gull breaking free and tailing the
Peregrine  to the trees up the hill.

Thanks all for a new and challenging experience.

Sid Hamm    Muskego    Waukesha County