[wisb] Mascoutin Trail : white-faced ibis

  • From: "Sehloff, Kerry" <kerry.sehloff@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbird (wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 14:37:13 +0000

Just like Peter Fissel, we had no luck with the painted bunting in the Green
Lake area on Sunday morning.  Unlike Peter, we spent an hour wandering the
Mascoutin Valley trail (between Berlin & Ripon), enjoying the warming day and
the relatively bug-less hike.  Along with a black-crowned night heron, green
heron, black tern, sandhill cranes and clay colored sparrows, the white faced
ibis made an appearance.  The picnic table alongside the trail made for a great
vantage point for us as the ibis moved in and out of the grasses along the back
edge of the water to the south of the table.

https://flic.kr/p/o5fagu

Kerry Sehloff
NE Fond du Lac Co  'the holy land'