[wisb] Mallards

  • From: "dick & cathy dermody" <cdermody@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 17:10:00 -0500

I have always though of Mallards as dabbling ducks.  Then I met the female
Mallard that swims in our uncleaned swimming pool this spring.  She really
surprised me by diving down several feet, definitely totally under water!
(our pool is 7 feet deep).  She did it several times, probably to assure me
that I wasn't seeing things!  Has anyone ever seen a Mallard do that???

Cathy Dermody, St. Francis, southeastern Milwaukee County