[wisb] Madison Barrows Goldeneye-Yes

  • From: starkal@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 20:38:39 +0000

Hello all,
I finally made it out to Picnic Point with Libby Zeman to search for the
Barrows Goldeneye...again! A few weeks ago I looked for the bird but struck
out, now we came back for round two. The bay was pretty much all ice so I
expected to birds to be way out on the lake. After walking about halfway to the
point we found a large flock of birds and wouldn't luck have it, but the
Barrows Goldeneye was 25 yards off of shore giving us amazing views! It really
surprised me at how well the bird stuck out from the rest of the flock. After
finding the bird we didn't stick around very long due to the frezzing winds off
of the lake. But, it was an excellent day to find a lifer.

Alex Stark, Platteville