[wisb] Little Gulls - SHeboygan no, Manitowoc yes

  • From: Chris Petherick <cpetherick@xxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird List Wisconsin Bird List <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 19:11:01 +0000 (GMT)

I couldn't identify a Little Gull in Sheboygan among the 100's of Bonaparte's
Gulls.  Could be there, but I didn't ID one.  I did see 2 Lesser Black-Backed
gulls however.  In Manitowoc I was able to ID 3 Little Gulls among the
Bonaparte's as they were sitting on posts right in front of the parking area on
Maritime Drive between Cleveland and Waldo streets, same location mentioned
last night.  I also had 10 scaup (Greater I beleieve with flatter heads and no
protruding peak), 4 hooded mergansers and 12 redheads among the more common
stuff.  There was a yellow warbler across the road in Jenson (I think) Park.
Chris Petherick
Fox Point, Milwaukee County