[wisb] Kittiwake

  • From: Karen Johnson & Jim Toth <kmjrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WISBIRD <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:47:36 -0800 (PST)

The Kittiwake was still hovering over the P.W. inlet by the Holiday Inn when I
left at 12:15.
While taking a walk, I found an American Pipet (adorable!) in the scrubby
shrubbery behind the Newport Shores restaurant along the metal walkway back
there.
Also, Helen Pugh told me that there appeared to be an injured Canvasback in the
parking lot of the Newport Shores that came up to their party's car as if
begging for food.  I went back to see if I could locate it but it was nowhere
to be seen.  Whoever is in that area, please keep a lookout for this bird and
try to rescue it if possible!

Thanks!

Karen

Karen Johnson and Jim Toth