[wisb] Kewaunee, Sturgeon Bay Birding

  • From: "Sue Peterson" <suechick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <doorcobirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:23:58 -0600

My daughter and I birded today at Kewaunee Harbor and saw a HARLEQUIN DUCK in
with a mix of Scaup, Common and Red-breasted Mergansers, Goldeneye. The
Harlequin looked like an adult female to us. We also saw there 4 Great
Black-backed Gulls with Herring and Ring-billed Gulls, and 2 female Ring-necked
Ducks. Algoma Harbor was quiet except for C Geese.
Returning, we saw 2 Red-tailed Hawks and 2 Rough-legged Hawks in various farm
fields. At the Sturgeon Bay canal we saw a female WHITE-WINGED SCOTER. The
canal had quite a few birds, especially Gulls, as previously reported.

Sue Peterson
Door Co