[wisb] Jaegers, Wind Point, Racine Co.

  • From: steven lubahn <stevenlubahn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 16:53:03 -0500

I spent almost three hours at Wind Point in Racine Co. between 11:30-2:30. In
that time I had two Jaegers about an hour apart. Both birds were close enough
in at one point to see the white wing flashes but remained pretty far out to
identify which species. I watched one Jaeger for three minutes until it was out
of sight. There were also several Terns (12), some Forsters all moving north on
the lake. Four Semi-palmated Sandpipers and three Sanderlings as well.

Fun afternoon to be out in the stiff east wind. Then it got nice and I left.

Steven Lubahn
Cudahy,
Milw Co.