[wisb] Re: Interesting pursuits. Milwaukee and Ozaukee Counties

  • From: Tom Sykes <sykes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 09:07:56 -0500

While birding along Hwy 49 at Horicon on Saturday we watched a pair of Northern
Harriers repeatedly stooping on a pair of Sandhill Cranes. Presumably the
Sandhills had wandered too close to the Harrier's nest site and were perceived
as a threat, real or imagined.

Tom Sykes (currently in Dale, WI Outagamie County)
sykes@xxxxxxxxxx