[wisb] Inca Dove - YES!

  • From: "JEFF BAUGHMAN" <JBaughman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 17:21:23 -0500

Thanks to everyone for their best wishes, it worked! The dove was located at
about 4:45 pm.

Joan Sommer and I where walking near the SE corner of the Environmental center
when the bird flushed from tall grass  by passerby and landed in a tree right
where I had parked.
Its dove flight and small size fit the picture in my brain of Inca Dove. Sure
enough, sitting the tree right in front my truck was the dove. Its scalloped
head, back, and underparts were evident. The birds dark bill, light blue
orbital ring and reddish eye were noted. One could see hints rufous edging on
the primaries and the white-edge on the tail too. From below the pale central
rectrices were very easy to see as well as its buffy vent.

The bird did wander to the west a bit, not far though. It land in a deciduous
tree on south side of the parking lot by the dorms and remained there till I
left.

Again, thanks to all for keeping everyone posted on this bird.  It is greatly
appreciated.

Jeff Baughman
Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including any attachments, is for
message.
CAUTION:
Internet and e-mail communications are CSD (Campbellsport School District)
property.   CSD reserves the right to retrieve and read any message created,
sent and received.  CSD reserves the right to monitor messages by authorized
CSD students, employees, and volunteers at any time without any further consent.
All CSD email may be subject to open records laws.
For your safety, this message has been scanned by Campbellsport's security
gateway.  Portions of this message may have been altered or deleted as our SMTP
policy dictates.  For more information, please contact the CSD @ 1-920-533-8381
x1259